skip to main content

Student Registration

2023-2024 School Year New Students

Only Online Registration 


School Admissions

  • A student between the ages of 5 and 21 years old who has not yet received a high school diploma who is a legal resident of the Floral Park-Bellerose School District is eligible for admission into the Floral Park-Bellerose Schools.

  • A student’s residence is presumed to be the primary residence of they/their parents, legal guardian, or other person in parental control. Only students residing in the district are eligible to attend. Ownership of property in the district does not necessarily constitute residency.

Registration Documentation

At the time of registration, parents, legal guardians, or persons in parental relation or the child should bring the following:

  1. The enclosed school registration form,  and SREI form completed and signed.

  2. Student’s certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth.   The District requests any out of country birth certificates to be translated into English.

    1. If a certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism is not available, you may submit a passport (including a foreign passport).

    2. If a passport is not available, you may submit other documentary evidence in existence two years or more (except an affidavit of age) to determine a child’s age including, but not limited to the following:

      • Official driver’s license;

      • State or other government issued identification;

      • School photo identification with date of birth;

      • Consulate identification card;

      • Hospital or health records;

      • Military dependent identification card;

      • Documents issued by Federal, State, or local agencies (e.g. local social service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);

      • Court orders or other court-issued documents; 

      • Native American tribal document; or

      • Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.

  3. Parent/Guardian valid photo I.D.

  4. Student’s academic records (e.g. the student’s most recent report card; transfer from sending school, IEP.

Residency Information:

  1. Homeowners: If you own a home, submit

    • your deed; and

    • mortgage statement or tax bill; and

    • any two (2) of the most recent (within 30 days): water bill, LIPA bill, National Grid bill, cable/phone bill or voter registration.

  1. Renters: If you are leasing or renting an apartment or home, submit

    • a  copy of your residential lease or rental agreement; and

    • District Affidavit B - Renter’s (Non-Owner’s) Affidavit (Affidavit B should be notarized); and

    • two (2) proofs of residency, i.e., current (within 30 days) utility bills, voter registration or any official mail.

    • The property owner should also complete District Affidavit A - Owner’s/Leasor’s Affidavit and submit proof of ownership as listed in item A above.  While we request that you submit the Affidavit A (sworn), you may request that the District accept the Affidavit (unsworn) instead. 

If you are unable to provide the documentation set forth above, you may submit other forms of documentation and/or information establishing your residency in the District including, but not limited to the following:  

  • Pay stub;

  • Income tax form;

  • Utility or other bills;

  • Membership documents (e.g., library cards) based upon residency;

  • Voter registration documents;

  • Official driver’s license, learner’s permit, or non-driver identification; 

  • State or other government issued identification;

  • Evidence of custody of the child, including, but not limited to, judicial custody orders or guardianship papers;

  • Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);

  • A statement by a third party relating to your physical presence in the District; or

  • Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing physical presence in the District.

  1. Medical

  • Record of Immunization (e.g. certificate of immunization signed by a physician or health facility.  Yellow Immunization Record Cards are not acceptable).  The document should record the type of immunization with the exact dates of each dose given (month, day, year); and

  • The enclosed Health Examination Form approved by the New York State Education Department to be completed by a licensed physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner; and

  • Dental Health Certificate.  

  1. Parent/Guardian Information

  • Parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation to the child should produce valid photo I.D. 

  • If not the natural parent, submit one of the following documents: judicial custody order, guardianship papers, adoption papers, foster care placement papers (e.g. form DS-2999), court orders or other court-issued documents or other document issued by Federal, State, or local agency demonstrating parental relation (e.g. local social service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement).

  • If the above documents are not available and/or if proof of parental relationship has not been submitted (e.g. by submitting a birth certificate or judicial order demonstrating parental relationship), submit Custodian Affidavit Form “D” and Parent Affidavit Form “C,” as appropriate.



Returning Student Registration

(Contact Information Update)

All contact information will be updated in our Parent Portal. Directions to update contact information is available here: