Office of Information Technology
Mr. Daniel Cunneely, Director of Technology
Phone: (516) 434-2725
Remote Learning Technology Support
Moving forward, how do I get support for my District iPad?
- Please send an e-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A support person will reply to you and attempt to resolve your issue remotely.
- If it is not something that we can not solve remotely, the support person will give you an appointment for the "Tech Depot".
Moving forward, how do I request an iPad for my child?
To request and iPad for your child, please send an email to FPB-Help@fpbsd.org
Please give your name, phone number, your child's name and the grade your child is in. You will then be given an apoointment for the "Tech Depot."
The days and hours of operation for the "Tech Depot" will be Monday and Thursday between the hours of 9:15 and 1:00 and it is located in the parking lot side of the breezeway entrance of the Floral Park-Bellerose School.
What should I do if my iPad is at the Welcome Setup Screen?
The instructions for setting up the iPad are as follows:
- Select Language -> English
- Select Country -> United States
- Select “Set Up Manually”
- Select your WiFi and connect to it, click “Next” in the top right if the screen does not automatically proceed.
- Data & Privacy - > Continue
- Remote Management – Select “Next” on the top right of the screen
- Location Services (If asked) – Enable Location Services
If the screen goes black and shows an Apple logo with a loading bar, this is normal and the iPad is loading up, it may take a few moments. The apps should start installing from here on their own without you needing to do anything, but could take some time to fully install, so please be patient as it pushes them out and check back later. If your student has a login for the iPad itself, please log the student in. It will take a few moments to load their profile.
Please keep the iPad on and charging during this process!
Altice Home Internet
Altice (formerly Cablevision) offers a free internet product for students with no Internet access at home. Installation charges are also waived. The relationship is directly between parent/guardian and Altice so the school districts and BOCES are not involved except to provide information. Parents, call 1-866-200-9522 to enroll.
- When a parent calls in, they can say they are calling about the offer for free internet service.
- No documentation is required – just self-identification that they have a K-12 or college student in the household and do not currently have internet access at home.
- There is no install fee or out of pocket costs for 60 days (as of now)
- If the address does have an outstanding balance from another account, there is a chance they may deny this unless they can pay that balance or can prove it was not theirs.
- Through the prompts, they will need to select new customer, new service, new Internet.